Friday, June 5, 2009

Selphy Connections Blog Contest

Alright, the nervous part is over, I was all worried about whether I would be the oldest "auntie" among the 6 selected bloggers. I never knew my blog would be good enough to get me selected at all, so it's a really pleasant huge surprise!
Last night's IXUS Tutorial at Canon's office, was really good. I arrived early and while waiting for the other finalists, had a chat with Alvin whom's doing marketing over in OMY.sg. He told me there's going to be interesting programmes for us at the Jurong Bird Park outing on Saturday. Wow! I'm already looking forward to it, trust that my sons would be buzzing with excitement.
After a while, most of the finalists arrived, I met two other interesting parents. Okay, so I wasn't the oldest there. Then there's two 小弟弟 and a 小妹妹. Alright, they are poly students, and two of the young boys are studying photography. Impressive!
We were shown to Canon's conference room, there's even a corner that works like a cosy living room, nice. Then, there's representatives from Canon and SPH, all are friendly folks. Soon, everyone's chatting and laughing away. We were each given a big bag containing the Canon Selphy CP780 compact photo printer and a Canon IXUS 95 IS camera. Wow, it's really kind of the organisers to give us a set each, complete with the photo printing paper as well. What I love most, is the lovely bright cheery pink that's shouting out to me. (ok ok, it's great for girls and mostly not for guys)
A bit into the contest, winner's the keeper of the lovely lovely set! Outing to Jurong Bird Park, trying out the camera and the printer. Following this, 2 weeks to blog about the products and our outing, follow by 4 weeks of voting. There's the Popular Choice Award (determinded by votes), Canon Choice Award (determinded by Canon Judges), and of course One lucky voter gets to win a set. So, that means I better treasure my lovely pink camera and printer before I return them if I lose.
I'm looking forward to the Jurong Bird Park tour, especially the meeting and touching the Penguin portion. We were told the penguin's name is Pinky! Wow, just the same as the color I love, PINK!!!!!! YipEEEEeeee!!!
I will write more about the outing soon, complete with lovely photos taken by my PINK camera. (alrite, i know it's not mine, but just let me imagine for the moment.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you!

Wow, sounds really interesting, good job to you. All the best in the coming weeks and may your effort pay off, our family be supporting you!

Love,
Noora

Eileen Chua said...

Dear Noora and family,

It's really lovely to be hearing from you, hope you are doing well. I have been to see your photos and Helene's growing fast since I last saw her.

Lots of Love,
Eileen

Kungfu Panda

Kungfu Panda



Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]

Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]


National Day - Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!