Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Canon Selphy CP780

The Canon Selphy Portable Printer
(Deliciously Pretty in Bright Pink)
*Alright guys, it does come in silver too, more manly for you

Once upon a time, everyone's camera is those that has a roll of firm inserted in them, they take pictures, developed them and placed the photos in album. The photos are sometimes framed up and placed around the house to reflect wonderful moments.

I forgot when was the first time I got my first digital camera, but it was the time I stopped developing photos, I stopped doing framing and displaying photos at home. Only on the desktop in my computer would you be able to see my family photo as I switched it on.

I love taking photos, especially of my family and friends. The bright goofy smiles on my 3 sons' faces are priceless, their birthdays, their first day at school and much more, are all important moments to capture. Only on the day I brought Selphy CP780 home and tried it out with the kids, then did I know how deprive they have been.

As I tried printing out a few photos from the printer, the 3 of them gathered curiously around it and fight to retrieve the photo as it's printed out. (I'm lucky the printer is so efficient that the photo is instantly ready and doesn't need to be dry like some inkjet printers) I printed out quite a few of the boys' photos, they were very excited and took the photos with them to their room. Over the next few days, I still found them going through the photos happily and telling to each other about where and when the photo was taken. (Only then did I knew how deprived they have been) All the photos I have taken of them, are always downloaded into my laptop's hard disk. They only get to see the photos once in a blue moon and it's always like 20 seconds per photo for them. I ignored the fact that kids always love to get a feel and touch of things at their own pace.


This portable printer is a genius, I tried bringing it out in my handbag complete with the ink cartridge and paper, it's a breeze. It only weighs 940g and the dimension is only 6.93 x 5.22 x 2.98 inches. The unit given to me comes with a power adaptor, but it comes with the option for a battery pack (which I will definitely get if I do get the printer) which really makes it all so easy.

The printer also comes with the memory card slots, as well as the Bluetooth function for your mobile phone. I just take out the memory card from PINKY and insert it into the printer's memory card slots, the photos just appear on the 2.5"LCD panel. There's even the information that photos printed on the quality Canon photo paper, is able to last for a good 100 years!

There's the Portrait Image Optimize, the Red-eye Correction, and printing speed is good at 47 seconds for a postcard size photo. I was going through the manual and found out it has the options for printing out on 4R size photos, name card size, and even Neoprint sizes! This is really good, if I use the Neoprint sizes which is a small label types of imprint, I can do a good deal of labelling jobs on my sons' water bottles, and books!

I'm planning to do a great deal of printing out our family photos on name card size photo paper so that a few of them can be inserted into hubby and mine wallets. Pinky is going to be busy helping me take more photos and Selphy is going to be busy printing out the photos since I am going to finish my exam paper this evening. There will be more time for me to experiment on them both!

2 comments:

Quek said...

Don't worry, you aren't the only one who simply dump all the photos in the computer's memory. I'm doing the same too... *guilty*

How much is this pink canon printer? If it's not too costly, I might consider one for my kids. Seems user friendly enough.

Quek

Eileen Chua said...

Hi Quek,

The printer should be around $179 if I'm not wrong, it comes in silver color as well.

You should try it out, really lovely printout, just like developed by professional photo shop!

Kungfu Panda

Kungfu Panda



Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]

Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]


National Day - Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!