Monday, December 1, 2008

A little about my Company's 2008 Dinner



My colleagues, my joy, this is one family I have been with for one year three months. Alrite, there's Bjorn, Lay Peng, Pow, Benny, Ang, Nelson, Murugan and Janetud. Year 2008 year end dinner was a joy and lovely evening at Orchard Hotel's Lavender 2 ballroom on 24th November 2008. What makes a good dinner would comprise of whom you are dining with, and in this case, I have the joy of sharing a table with people I love.
Lay Peng was my best buddy in the office, this is a rare find. Especially considering she's my senior whom's been with the company for ten over years.
She's always guiding me along, patient, kind, wise, lovely, pretty and everything. How often is it that you could actually find a buddy whom treats you like a sister in the work place? I am appreciating her alot and one of the factor that makes me looking forward to each day at work, would be her and the other great guys in our business group. Haha, I am getting all sentimental on a Monday afternoon. This is so strange, perhaps it's the powerful lunch I had just a short while ago and the chicken rice is doing something funny to me??! Nelson, whom you won't see in the photos here, is my boss in charge initially...
But well, things kind of change and following, there's some reporting changes in our work. Oh well, anyway, he's still my boss. A kind bespectacle teochew man who is always busy, with piles of paper on his work desk... Something funny too, he's got about 4 - 5 suitcases in his room, each is designated for which countries and length of stay he would be on a business trip. I remember one of my 3 sons asking him why his room is so messy when they were visiting me in the office one day. Haha, kids would be kids, so frank and innocent.


Then, there's Mr. Bjorn and Mr. Benny, two swedish men. Mr. Bjorn is our business unit's vice president and Mr. Benny's our senior inspector. Both are rare men whom doesn't womanize, rare because to me, all Ang-Mos are flirts and womanizers. Haha, sorry!!! Opppppps.... Benny's very cute, he's sometimes shy when I tease him about his Singaporean chinese gf, he's sweet becos he's always offering us lovely sweets from Sweden when he's back from his home trips. There's the unique black swedish sweets which taste salty!
There's Janetud, a Thai nationality whom is firm and sometimes joke with us alot, a good homely guy. Pow and Ang is really good uncles, they took good care of me and Lay Peng, always stuffing us with food such as you-tias, han ji beng and cakes... I'm seriously getting so fat. Murugan's an Indian and he's seriously funny too, he can do serious stuff of yoga, bending over into half, touching his forehead against his knee caps. Perfect and wow!

No comments:

Kungfu Panda

Kungfu Panda



Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]

Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]


National Day - Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!