Monday, April 7, 2008

A Black Monday

Tragic MRT Incident
I went to work this morning by MRT Train since hubby is travelling overseas, it will be for 3 days before he can drop me off at work again. A brief 10 minutes walk to the Choa Chu Kang MRT this morning, I can't find my Transitlink Card... After purchasing the temporary 1 way travel card, I found them in my bag!!
By the time I got on the MRT platform, it was about 7:59am.
The other platform's train which is heading towards Jurong East approaches, suddenly a loud thud was heard! Screams and shouts follow!!!!!! Someone was banged into by the train, the train screeched to a stop and the driver whom must be in shock sounded the horn. People whom are brave enough, approached to peep under the train, seems like a body was under it, the face cannot be seen.
I was really shocked, my stomach started to turn and the goosebumps on my back surfaced!
How could such a thing happen, it's the start of the week after a weekend of rest, such tragic incident should never happen! The victim had almost a zero chance of survival when the knock from the train was so loud and with the fragile body going under the train. Perhaps the victim have a family and young child waiting at home for him after his work today, was he push down accidentally from the eager crowds behind him as the train approaches? Every morning and evening, crowds can always be seen eagerly waiting along the edge of the platforms at each stations. I really pray that the victim did not suffer too much and have lost consiciousness by the time the train hit her before going down under the train, or at least, there are still a chance of him perhaps surviving the tragic incident?
I could not bear to look on further, in a state of shock, I could only manage to get into the approaching train at my side of the platform to go towards Novena for work.
God, please do help this poor soul.

No comments:

Kungfu Panda

Kungfu Panda



Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]

Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]


National Day - Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!