Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hong Kong here we come....!!!!!

Yes, dearest Sis, I read your blog frequently and I miss you very very much!!!
(I know you will be reading this too, don't wipe that smile off your face, I can see!)

Long planned and delayed trip to Hong Kong, trust me, it's really really tough to be going on holidays nowadays. Let me list you the reasons why...

1. Economy downturn nowwwwww..... in case you haven't notice
2. I have 3 kids, a house, a maid, a car and many more expenses to watch out for
3. Travelling with 3 kids isn't funny, it's like lagging along 3 huge uncontrollable bombs
4. Travelling as a big family is costly, air tickets, accommodations, tickets to attractions,
transports, food and beverages...

After much pestering and brain washing from Patrick hubby that we deserve a holiday break, bring the kids to take their first aeroplane ride, I gave in. Alright, I admit I would love to go to Hong Kong for a trip too. I can shop and bargain, I enjoy the lovely cold temperature there and everything. So, I agreed with Patrick hubby that we should just go and worry about the future later. By the way, we managed to brain washed my mum into going with us for the trip. She hasn't been to Hong Kong before and I felt strongly she would love the place.

The trip would be taking place next month in March, it's partly thanks to the great promotion deal by Singapore Airlines too. We managed to grap the 2 to go deal which means each adult costs a nett price of S$398.00 for the round trip while the kid fare is nett S$295.00. Now, we are racking our heads off over the accommodation, wondering over which hotel to book. We need a hotel that is clean, good to accommodate 3 in a room as we are going to book 2 rooms since the kids will need someone to look after.

If you are reading this and you have good recommendation or good hotel rates, please please do share with me.

We will be going for 6 days, covering the Disneyland for the kids, the ladies night market for me, and many many other places for Patrick hubby and mum. So we will be taking it at a relaxing pace since we don't really want to be dragging the kids and my mum around too hard. But Shenzhen would definitely be one place we will be going too.

More updates soon...

No comments:

Kungfu Panda

Kungfu Panda



Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]

Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]


National Day - Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!