Monday, January 5, 2009

Contest Junkie - Mr. Dallas

New Year 2009, my first gift of the year is very lovely, well thought out and unique. It's a really sweet surprise, I received it on a Monday morning (5th January 2009). Don't be surprise, it's because I was actually on leave today since I still need to be around to guide my maid around on how to bring the oldest boy to and from his new primary school.

The postman came and left me a registered parcel, surprise surprise, I found Contest Junkie Mr. Dallas' name on it! I opened up the package and found this lovely golden flower embossed box, on the box, it wrote " 富贵满堂", meaning good fortune and prosperity to the family. Find out more about Contest Junkie's second trip to China in Year 2008, he's having loads of fun in the winter land of China! http://cornflict.blogspot.com/2008/12/cornflict-giveaway-beijing-trip.html

Opening up the box, beatifully laid out in the yellow silk cloth, are a pair of dragon engraved chopsticks. There are two lovely painted mandarin ducks too, they are the chopsticks resters!


Noticed the chinese wordings on the cover? It wrote that food is the basic for human beings, and many other really lovely well meant verses.

A close up on the mandarin ducks and the dragon engraved chopsticks... really lovely...

I didn't know Dallas is going to be getting me something for the trip, plus, he's already sent me a lovely Christmas card for year 2008. Something you might not have noticed if you haven't been to his site frequently, he's a really young chap whom's still studying and already managing a blog that is huge on loads of traffic and contest links that are updated almost daily. Truthfully, I wonder how he gets all the contests' details daily. Oh ya, he's even been featured on the newspaper if you have noticed. A lot of achievements for a young lad like him...
I love gifts and surprises, but for one that is well thought, unique and with a lovely meaning behind it, that is not what you would always get. My first surprise gift for Year 2009 and I got this, it's really sweetttttt.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a great beginning of the year to a gift and a good news to others:)..Start the year full of surprises and love:)

Eileen Chua said...

Happy New Year to you too Contest Gal :)

Actually I started the new year with a bad flu and sore throat :p haha, but still, it really isn't that bad a year :)

Unknown said...

wow lucky you :)

Kungfu Panda

Kungfu Panda



Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]

Merry Merry Merry Christmas [2009]


National Day - Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Grandpa & Grandmum @ NDP 2009

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

Thirsty Christopher and Beaming Nicholas

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

The 3 Brothers, 3 Lions

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!

Happy is being TOGETHER, as a Singaporean!